Thursday, January 13, 2011

Been a while.....

I want to blog . I want to journal my success and learn from my my mistakes (and on this journey there have been a few). I want to find out what's working and maybe get input or inspiration for what's not.

Really. I do.

I'm just going through a very difficult time with some health challenges. It's all good, no doom and gloom, but it's different and as a result I am different. And...............oh let me just get to the point already.

I've been taking this medication for almost 9 years now and I want off. I want my body to be the clean, chemical free, health machine I know it can be. So, I've been weaning off my last medication. Unfortunately because it effects my entire central nervous system and I've been on it so long, I have to do that slowly and every time I come off 10% of it, my CNS goes batshit crazy and I get sick....neurologically and cognitively  sick and I can't write (drive, read, have a conversation, understand simple tasks or concepts, etc.).

Every week-10 days I feel like I took a stupid pill for about 5-6 days until I feel well enough to do it all over again and I've been cycling  like this since June. It's annoying and it gets in the way of my living my life. I'm grateful I don't have to work at this time but I'm getting bored with being sick all the friggin time.

This is why I haven't updated in a month or so. Maybe these last few weeks/months of my detox weren't the best time to start a blog...but here we are.

Anyhoo....things are well. I lost 3lbs last week, my eating is back on track, I started some new exercise and I haven't binged or lost my shit around food in about 2 weeks.

Go me!

Weigh in is tomorrow so maybe I'll be able to blog something this weekend. I have at least 2 more days before  my brain turns into a pumpkin (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment